Click here to find out about my goals and objectives for this site.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
I have a strong understanding of modern IT systems and security-related technologies including cryptography, access control, networking and network security. I've performed many risk assessments, and designed several large IT systems. I'm familiar with cloud-first technologies, distributed systems, Docker Swarm for application container orchestration, streaming event processing pipelines using Kafka stack, cloud-init for server provisioning, LXD for system containers, and many more interesting open source projects. I'm proficient in English and Bash.
Here are the professional titles I've held:
- Sr Engineer for Security Products for a major ISP
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Tester and Tools Developer
- Certification & Accreditation Lead
I have the following degrees and formal training:
- Masters of Science in Computer Science with IT Option, New Mexico Tech
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, New Mexico Tech
- Associate degree of Network Technology (Networking emphasis), San Juan College
- Associate of Network Technology (Internet emphasis), San Juan College
- Cisco Certification Networking Associate training, San Juan College
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional training, Mesa Community College
I currently do NOT hold any active certifications. Some certifications I've held in the past include:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) ((ISC)2ID: 434238)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) in Windows 2000
- Network+, A+, Linux+, Server+, i-Net+ (retired) and Security+ (CompTIA ID: COMP001000706141).
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer- .NET (GSSP-.NET) (Analyst Number: 339).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Cisco Wireless LAN Support Specialist (CWLSS).
Additionally, I took and passed three-of-four required exams to pass the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) exam.